My family loves Mexican food. Who doesn’t love Mexican food? But, sadly, you can’t always go out to eat your Mexican food with margaritas.
One of my absolutely favorite things to make at home is this recipe for sheet tray fajitas. It is super easy, very delicious, and moderately healthy. This is only a recipe in the loosest sense of the word and it can be completely customized to fit you and your family’s needs. If you don’t like chicken, you could use any other protein or even make it vegetarian with sliced portobello mushrooms.
Chicken (I like thighs.)
Peppers (I like to use a mix of tricolored bell, poblanos, and jalpenos.)
Onion (I like Red.)
Olive Oil (or Olive Oil Spray.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cover a baking tray in foil for easy cleanup.
- Grease the foil with olive oil or olive oil spray.
- Cut bell and poblano peppers into slices.
- Deseed and cut jalepeno peppers into rounds.
- Cut chicken into strips roughly the same size as your bell pepper slices.
- Peel onion, cut into slices, cut slices in half to create half moons.
- Mix all vegetables and chicken on sheet pan and coat with taco seasoning to taste.
- Bake for one hour turning halfway through or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve with tortillas for tacos, lettuce for salad, or rice and beans for a burrito bowl.
Disclaimer: This recipe is based off of a longer, more detailed recipe from The Yummy Life, so head over there if you need more detail.